A well established mechanical contractor in the Northwest USA, seeking to hire a Director of Service Operations who will establish and grow a single and multi-family plumbing service division. This firm enjoys a long standing regional reputation as the leader in their field, and seeks to build upon this through expansion into the service arena. The organization is completely financially sound, and will offer a highly competitive base salary (based upon experience), performance bonuses, and potential company equity. The right candidate should possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous leadership role in a mechanical organization with significant exposure to single/multi family construction. Experience must include managing a service operation.
- Plumbing expertise is mandatory – additional mechanical trades acceptable.
- Strong business acumen, as this will be part of senior leadership team.
- Solid financial understanding of subcontracting in general and service in particular.
- Savvy client skills to start, maintain and grow the service division.
- Adept in the use of technology necessary in today’s construction world.
- Preference is open shop experience.
- Team player, high energy, enjoys the industry, and other cultural traits that will make for a good fit with other senior management at this company.
- Not an “ivory tower” person….self starter, willing to get hands dirty, interface daily with labor, and talk the trade.