An electrical contracting company that services many of the Boston region’s Fortune 500 companies, building management companies and specialty general contractors and also New England’s fastest growing contractor and have quickly become the region’s premier provider of electrical services.
Hiring for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, which reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). We are looking for an individual who can both grow the existing business and help capitalize on opportunities that the future holds. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth
- Support the CEO in executing the company’s expansion
- Manage revenue and expense goals, day-to-day operations and the continued development and advancement of the company
- Refine and enforce our high standard for customer service.
- Regularly evaluate our operating procedures and creates centralized best practices within different sites to ensure uniform performance throughout the company.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Successful experience in managing operations, sales and marketing, strategic planning, finance, within the construction/electrical field
- Working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Well-structured, change oriented and results focused
- Adaptable, flexible, patient and able to work with little outside direction
- The ability to set priorities and take initiative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies
- Ability to perform with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and business ethics
- Resolves operational problems within the project and alerts appropriate parties to problems of significance to the company.
- Participates actively in the improvement process.
- Ensures that the company's policies are communicated and implemented.
- Routinely visits, walks, and inspects assigned projects to ensure accurate quality control and projected costs.
- Promotes company's image and relations with customers, employees, and the public.
- Keeps President informed on location performance and recommends action to improve.
- Participates in company sponsored and, as requested, community events.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree required or equivalent studies/ experience.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in construction/electrical management required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, required. High level of computer literacy.
Offering top pay and a comprehensive benefits package. These are just a few of the remarkable benefits of joining our first-class team. Once you join us you will understand first hand why the Boston Business Journal named our company the TOP place to work in Massachusetts.
- Top End Health/Dental Insurance
- 401K - Company Match Percentage
- Profit Sharing
- 529 College Fund
- Company Paid Training