Water / Wastewater - Project Manager & Senior Project Manager
Our client is an Industrial Contractor (self-perform) that employees 600+ individuals across 8 offices. Houston is the headquarter for the Industrial Division. Our client is looking to hire a Project Manager and a Senior Project Manager into their Water / Wastewater group.
The Senior Project Manager will act as the liaison internally and between the owner representatives, major subcontractors, architects and engineers, and provides valuable input based on his/her construction expertise to benefit the project. Responsible for providing management supervision to project personnel (Execution) on assigned construction projects and ensuring that the projects are completed in compliance with Zero By Design, within budget and on schedule. Responsible for overall management direction for all the functions required to successfully deliver project(s), including assuring sufficient resource allocation. Supervises assigned subordinate Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Project Secretaries.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of project management experience within Industrial, Water, Wastewater projects (Preferably from self-perform contractor / subcontractor background as opposed to EPC).
- 5+ years experience leading Water / Wastewater / WWTP projects with values $30+ Million. Preferably serving as the lead Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Experience in estimating, project scheduling & controls, management of field personnel, and a great safety record.
- NO JOB HOPPERS - must have stable work history
- Must be willing and able to live / work in Houston and travel to job sites (regionally) as required.
- Review preparation and culmination of project estimates and bids, and collaborate with management in selecting and assigning project personnel
- Ensure that all required project management/administrative pre-requisites (i.e. cash flow plan, subcontractor lists, manufacturer lists, submittal/procurement logs, etc.) are prepared and submitted to the architect and ensure these plans are properly administered, as in submittals expedited, received, logged and approved.
- Collaborate with the Project Superintendent in overseeing the delivery of materials to the job site or outside storage, and in ensuring that their receipt is properly recorded.
- Monitor construction activities, resolve problems and issues which arise, especially those pertaining to changes, deficiencies and/or subcontractor performance. Review monthly project status reports, project billings, and provide information as required to keep upper management and client properly informed.
- Ensure that "punch list" items are completed. Ensure that closeout documentation is submitted (i.e. drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and warranties from subcontractors and suppliers). Participate in and expedite fair settlement of final disputes, litigation, and final payment dispositions.