Utility Solar and Energy Storage Developer that delivers financing, EPC, operations, maintenance and asset management for investors and clean energy consumers. Company has developed 600+mw of solar capacity with plans to add 2+GW of Solar to the grid within the next three years.
Our Energy & Performance Lead needs to be able to lead all aspect of Energy & Performance Testing. The ideal candidate would also have the experience and ability to lead all our engineering efforts. The position must drive our energy modeling efforts and bring organization to the entire process by developing standards, etc. He/She will be required to establish/refine our performance testing requirements in conjunction with our lending requirements. They will be expected to drive our projects performance testing via our EPC installation partners, independent engineers or actually performing and/or evaluation project test results. Finally, the individual will engage with our Operations team to evaluate plant performance and develop feedback loop for continuous improvement
- Lead Modeling group with the expectation that this will be a leader / doer position. Roll up your sleeves, participate in Energy Modeling, but also structure the process and strategy around current and future efforts.
- Performance Testing… Develop a consistent performance testing strategy whereby existing assets (owned assets), assets in construction, and assets in development can be tested from a performance point of view. Are plants hitting output numbers that were projected, if not, why? Are contractors adhering and hitting the performance standards that are necessary for the plants to produce projected capacity, if not, why? Be able to implement a strategic plan that can be monitored and duplicated.
- Ability to build analytics to track existing plant performance and ability to diagnose root cause issues, advise on solutions, and mitigate issues before they occur
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (Preferred) but will consider other Engineering Degree with relevant work experience
- 10+ years of Utility Solar Engineering experience, must include a focus on Energy Modeling and Performance Testing for Utility Solar projects.
- Must show stable work history
- Must be able to live & work in Miami (Preferred), Austin, or San Diego.
- Ideal candidate will have substantial experience working on behalf of a Renewable Developer / Owner.
- Leadership experience whereby you have 2+ direct reports currently
- Leadership experience where you can prove you have created strategies, procedures, and successfully implemented these policy into a company.