Our client Develops, Owns, and Operates Utility Solar (PV - Photovoltaic), Solar + Storage, and Energy Storage projects throughout the United States.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Project Development to continue the rapid growth of the company. This position will report to the Managing Director of Development.
- Responsible for Project Development activities in the company's pipeline. Also responsible for establishing new opportunities and is expected to be participate and generate new development opportunities for the company.
- Identify opportunities for developing Utility Scale Solar, Energy Storage, and Distributed Generation projects throughout the United States.
- Engage in industry groups to identify new market solutions
- Follow tariff rate structures and market changes to establish "deal" opportunities.
- Manage interconnection process and applications
- Manage land acquisition with other in-house team members
- Understand land use ordinances and applicable State & Federal regulations.
- Be technically astute with the full life cycle of Utility Solar development, permitting, engineering, and construction.
- Ability to recommend and manage vendor, OEM, and other 3rd party partnerships.
- 10+ Years of Renewable Energy Project Development, working on behalf of the Owner / Developer.
- Proven success "deal sheet" on projects that you have brought to the table that are now operational.
- Must show success being the lead Developer for multiple projects over 100mw that are now operational.
- Must have solid understanding of energy markets
- Bachelors Degree in related field (Engineering, Finance, Business), or must have substantial proven record in lieu of education requirements.
- MUST have stable work history - No job hoppers
- HIGH preference towards renewable energy development experience being based in the United States (not international).
TRAVEL: As needed, but expectation is 35-50%
LOCATION: Preference towards Texas, California, or Florida. But will consider remote living for the perfect candidate.
COMPENSATION: Aggressive base + bonus structure, 401k, medical / life insurance, PTO, Sick Leave, etc.