Our client is an offshore wind development company seeking to build the first large-scale offshore wind energy project in the USA. Our client has incredibly strong backers that are supporting the current & future projects.
- Responsible for providing engineering support to the Cable Package Manager to ensure that cable systems are specified, designed, manufactured, factory and type tested, stored, loaded out onto installation vessels, transported, installed, terminated and tested according to project requirements.
- Ensure corporate Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to in all matters
- Provide electrical engineering assistance to support the Cable Package Manager to accomplish business, project and team objectives
- Ensure that all cables are designed, manufactured, tested, jointed, terminated and tested after installation according to the contract and project requirements
- Preparation of contract technical requirements specification for use in an invitation to tender for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) of inter-array cable system
IDEAL CANDIDATE BACKGROUND:
- MUST be a USA Citizen or possess a Green Card - company is not able to sponsor an employment visa.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, with five to eight years relevant experience in Cable Design Management in both development and construction
- Understanding of electromechanical drawings and documents
- Analytical, with an eye for detail
- MUST have prior experience designing, evaluating, and testing subsea / offshore transmission cables