Director - Transmission Interconnection
Our client is a developer, owner, and operator of clean power projects with a particular focus on wind and solar power in the United States. They have successfully developed projects involving over $2 billion in capital investment in some of the largest electricity markets in the US (including Texas, California, and New Jersey); successfully financing over 1 GW of wind projects and has a rapidly growing Utility Solar presence.
The Manager of Transmission role requires:
- Manage the complete interconnection process and transmission evaluation for utility scale Wind and Solar development within a specified RTO or broader interconnection region (specific region to be identified based on applicant prior experience).
- Support Engineering and Construction with understanding interconnection requirements, costs, limitations, schedules, and fatal flaw analysis
- Continue owning and managing interconnection relationships and market awareness for Wind and Solar assets into commercial operations throughout life of asset
- Participate, lead as necessary, and serve as resident expert for 1 or more regions RTO/ISO tariffs, guides, and working groups that cover both technical regulatory and power market regulatory issues
- Participate in internal regional development meetings and ad hoc meetings to provide transmission and interconnection expertise
- Provide company commercial and strategic guidance, with support of senior management, in regard to companies development pipeline, M&A targets, and operational assets
- Perform interconnection evaluation using Powerflow software or other injection analysis software
- Manage outside consultants providing technical and regulatory support for specific region
- Prior experience with an RTO/ISO or extensive experience working in similar role
- Understanding of FERC/NERC/RTO processes and interplay
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- EIT/PE and/or Master’s degree is a plus
- Ability to run Powerflow software such as PSSE, Powerworld, and/or PSLF.
- Knowledge of use and automation of normal industry software such as MUST, TARA, ETAP, etc.