We are looking for a Director of Transmission Interconnection (ERCOT). This person will be directly responsible for applying, managing, and obtaining interconnection service for Utility Scale Solar projects. This person will meet with utilities, coordinate interconnection engineering activities and manage the overall grid integration process through commissioning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or substantial Utility Integration / Interconnection experience in lieu of education)
- Substantial ERCOT Interconnection experience with proven success applying and obtaining interconnection request.
- Has been primary lead on interconnection process (primary interface with Utility)
- Familiarity with ERCOT TDSPs (transmission and Distribution Service Providers)
- Experience with power system protection
- Understanding NERC / FERC / RTO processes and interplay
- Ability to run Powerflow software such as PSSE, Powerworld, and/or PSLF.
- Knowledge of use and automation of normal industry software such as MUST, TARA, ETAP,etc
- Own and manage interconnection and electric integration process
- Provide knowledge and technical input to the Development, Engineering and Construction teams regarding company's project pipeline
- Perform due-diligence on interconnection process for projects to adequately estimate timing and cost impacts, and provide guidance to origination, development engineering and finance teams.
- Attend utility and ISO / RTOI project specific and stakeholder meetings
- Evaluate projects' design against utility requirements
- Support engineering in optimizing projects design and equipment selection considering grid interconnection requirements
- Support internal teams in project commissioning and grid integration / power system issue root cause analysis and resolution.
- Perform load flow, short circuit and dynamic studies for utility scale projects