We are one of the world's leading renewable energy companies. The company has onshore and offshore wind farms, photovoltaic plants and battery storage facilities.
Responsible for managing and designing all engineering and technical aspects of electrical equipment and systems including transmission, substations, solar panels, batteries, SCADA, relays and system protection as well as performing advanced solar energy analysis including research, measurement, prediction and calculations required for the layout and energy production estimates (EPE’s), commissioning support and compliance with requirements of PPA and IA’s of solar PV projects in support of the development and delivery of solar and storage project pipeline.
- 6+ years of proven experience in Utility scale renewable energy projects including four (4) years in energy production assessments and two (2) year in plant operations, commissioning and startup applicable to renewable generating facilities - PREFERABLY SOLAR PV AND STORAGE.
- Bachelor (BS) Degree in Engineering
- Python Programming experience is preferred.
- Establish and maintain the electrical engineering and design criteria used on all applicable engineering standards and specifications.
- Support Operations, Development of Construction Project Managers to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution to electrical engineering issues at all stages of the project from design through construction COD.
- Responsible for the design, review, approval, and technical oversight of all engineering and design of solar PV and storage projects including substations, transmission interconnection systems, SCADA, system protection and controls and ensure conformance to all PPA’s and IA’s.
- Manage the activities associated with long lead electrical equipment required on projects, including preparation of engineering specifications to procure main transformers, solar panels, batteries, trackers, rectifiers, cabling, switchgear, SCADA and other substation equipment, as well as technical bid evaluation as needed.
- Support the regulatory and permitting process of projects in areas of electrical engineering.
- Incorporate site layout/design, data and loss assumptions into energy production models and perform energy simulation.
- Perform site visits from development of construction COD to perform engineering due diligence and to ensure conformance to designs.
- Develop Python codes for energy production estimates and to accessing NREL, SAM, and other national databases..