Client company is a national privately held construction firm providing innovative solutions resulting in award-winning projects. Client Company focuses on construction management at-risk, design-build and public-private partnerships.
Company provides utility scale solar EPC services to utilities and developers across the country. With over 2GW experience across the US and 1GW of ongoing projects, the company continues to build on its reputation as a leader and innovator in the utility scale solar industry.
The Solar Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating and managing the DESIGN and ENGINEERING of company’s utility scale solar projects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage team of engineering consultants to ensure Company achieves reliable, quality, and safe designs
- Assure projects are designed and constructed in compliance with all applicable codes and standards
- Perform drawing reviews of design packages to ensure designs meet project standards and Owner / Contractual specifications.
- Seek cutting edge opportunities to add value to projects
- Research design alternatives and value engineering concepts to determine cost effective solutions
- Assist project team and owners to make intelligent/informed decisions to keep the design program and project budget on track
- Maintain good business relationships with clients, consultants, trade contractors, and vendors to assure the support and interest on the construction of solar projects
- Function as the company subject matter expert on PV Plant Engineering and commissioning
- Support preconstruction team and estimators on engineering initiatives associated with project pursuits / RFPs
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience managing engineering in the Utility Scale Solar EPC Industry
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, such as MS Office / Excel / PowerPoint / Word / Bluebeam Revu
- Ability to navigate through AutoCAD drawings produced by third-party consultants
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to interface directly with owners’ representatives, the design team, building departments and other team members.
- Electrical power engineering principles and familiarity with computer and analytical tools as they relate to equipment sizing, load flow and power quality. (Battery Storage experience is a plus).
- Proficient in reviewing standard PV plant engineering studies including PVSyst Reports 8760, AC Loss calculations, hydrology studies, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans proficiently is a requirement
- Ability to read PV Plant specifications and understand the subject matter
- Understand contract management of engineering consultants
- TRAVEL: 30% or less is expected