About the Company:
Our client is as full-service, design build, Industrial Construction Contractor and an employee owned organization. The company is based in the Greenville, South Carolina, with several other offices throughout the Southeast.
About the Position:
Hiring for a Project Manager for the Industrial Construction Group. The Project Manager acts as the liaison between the owner representatives, major subcontractors, architects and engineers and provides valuable input based on his/her construction expertise to benefit the project. Responsible for providing management supervision to project personnel (Execution) on assigned construction projects and ensuring that the projects are completed in compliance with “Zero By Design”, within budget and on schedule. Responsible for overall management direction for all functions required to successfully deliver project(s), including sufficient resource allocation. The Project Manager also supervises assigned subordinate Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Project Secretaries.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 8+ years of project management experience within the Industrial Construction Industry
- Experience with capital projects larger than $20 million
- Must be willing and able to live in Greenville and travel to job site as required
- NO JOB HOPPERS-must have stable work history
- Experience with scheduling and cost controls, contract management, safety, and quality
- Review preparation and culmination of project estimates and bids, and collaborate with management in selecting and assigning project personnel
- Ensure that all required project management/administrative prerequisites (i.e. cash flow plan, subcontractor lists, manufacturer lists, submittal/procurement logs, etc.) are prepared and submitted to the architect and ensure these plans are properly administered, as in submittals expedited, received, logged and approved.
- Collaborate with the Project Superintendent in overseeing the delivery of materials to the job site or outside storage, and in ensuring that their receipt is properly recorded.
- Monitor construction activities, resolve problems and issues which arise, especially those pertaining to changes, deficiencies and/or subcontractor performance. Review monthly project status reports, project billings, and provide information as required to keep upper management and client properly informed.
- Ensure that "punch list" items are completed. Ensure that closeout documentation is submitted (i.e. drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and warranties from subcontractors and suppliers). Participate in and expedite fair settlement of final disputes, litigation, and final payment dispositions.