About the Company:
A major Manufacturer and Owner of a four-generation family Steel company based in the Cleveland, Ohio, market is expanding and building new manufacturing and fabrication facilities.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Preconstruction to develop and implement a sourcing strategy for the entire division. Lead supplier management activities which may include negotiating price, delivery and terms for purchases, capital project contracts, and annual contracts to meet strategic goals through high value products and services. Continuously investigate process improvement opportunities within the purchasing area as well with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical degree. Preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong understanding of process engineering, including design and build of equipment and facility construction
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of capital expenditures, ROI, NPV, cash flow, and total cost of ownership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a well-thought-out sourcing strategy and implementation plan and remaining on schedule.
- Effective management of capital buying projects within a manufacturing environment; including RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities
- Advanced knowledge of procurement and business operations, systems, organizational structure, performance metrics (KPI) and supply base.
- Proficient in the basic feature of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional teams & building relationships.
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to travel 25-35% depending on project requirements.
- Master’s Degree
- CPSM, CPIM or APICS certification
- Ten plus years' of experience in Procurement specifically managing CAPEX and MRO
- Experience with Oracle EBS
- Steel Industry experience