About the Company:
One of the largest construction service enterprises in the United States. Serving diverse end markets and providing a wide range of construction, fabrication, maintenance, replacement and engineering services. Focused on providing full turn-key EPC services to the energy sector with a strong focus on energy storage, solar photovoltaics and other renewable energy technologies.
About the Position:
Hiring for a Senior Director of engineering for utility solar and solar energy storage, responsible for managing engineers, consultants, designers, and specialists in developing leading edge engineering packages for a utility scale EPC contractor in the US. From conceptual engineering to detailed design development documents issued for construction the Director will manage, coordinate, and assure resources are accountable to efficiently deliver engineering to support pursuits and project operation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an engineering capacity for a commercial photovoltaic company, or designing commercial distributed generation systems.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in an engineering management role.
- Knowledgeable in standard applied codes such as the NEC.
- Expert knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system components for energy production.
- Expert knowledge of electrical and structural design components and manufacturers.
- Experienced in the use of energy modeling systems for photovoltaic applications and the variables/constraints related to energy production.
- Experience in value engineering of photovoltaic or other constructions projects.
- Good working knowledge of standard utility process for interconnection approval and design requirements.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills to manage the activities of junior engineers and maintain project schedules.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and MS Office.
- Expertise in PVSyst.